ace-dev mailing list archives

From Angelo van der Sijpt <angelo.vandersi...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: How to deploy bundles?
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 13:54:56 GMT
The /webui is more or less deprecated, and we are aware that it has its issues with some browsers.

The username/password for the new Vaadin web ui is any valid user in the current User Admin;
you can set these in any way you talk to the User Admin. You can always use our default test
account, username d password f .

Angelo

On Jan 20, 2011, at 2:06 PM, Dennis Crissman wrote:

> In the webui, when I click the '-', either nothing happens or I get an error a popup
with "Error breaking link". If I click on the 'X', I get "Error updating highlights; java.lang.IllegalArgumentException".

> Attached are images of the actual exceptions.
>
> For the ace ui, which is a nice looking face-lift btw. What is the username/password
or how can I set it?

> Thanks,
> Dennis Crissman
>
> > From: denniscrissman@hotmail.com
> > To: ace-dev@incubator.apache.org
> > Subject: RE: How to deploy bundles?
> > Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 07:42:33 -0500
> >

> > I haven't tried the /ace, but I will give that a go. I actually have read that documentation
before, but the drag and drop doesn't work for me and I will occasionally get an alert with
an error. I will grab a screen shot next time I see it.

> > I am running Firefox on XP.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dennis Crissman
> >
> > > Subject: Re: How to deploy bundles?
> > > From: angelo.vandersijpt@luminis.eu
> > > Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 10:34:13 +0100
> > > To: ace-dev@incubator.apache.org
> > >
> > > You have to use the web ui for that; see http://incubator.apache.org/ace/getting-started-with-the-web-ui-based-server.html
for more information. You can nowadays replace the /webui by /ace to see our still slightly
experimental new UI.

> > > Angelo

and bundles added in the webui. I can create Features and Distributions.

or client? Could someone explain how this process works?