ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Archiva interest in ACE (or: cross-pollinate opportunity for maven repo OBR)?
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 21:18:04 GMT
Hello Steve,

On 4 Nov 2010, at 17:08 , Steven Siebert wrote:

> In previous discussions with Brett Porter (CC'ed) he I and I discussed
> working together on exposing the archiva jackrabbit-based maven repo through
> an OBR interface.  In what we discussed this afternoon, I think there could
> be an opportunity to cross-pollinate across the projects, just based on the
> commonality (without looking at the code yet).  I just spoke again to Brett,
> and before I forget, I figured I would send an email out on the subject. =)

That definitely sounds interesting. The "OBR" that is included in ACE consists of a couple
of bundles. By default we include these as part of the ACE server. They can also be deployed
in a stand-alone OSGi framework. Option number three is not using them at all but instead
hooking up to an external repository that exposes the same OBR metadata.

ACE actually contains code that scans a directory and (re)generates OBR metadata based on
its contents. Maybe that code could be used to do the same for the archiva jackrabbit-based
maven repository?

Greetings, Marcel