ace-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Siebert <smsi...@gmail.com>
Subject How to get involved in the ACE project?
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 11:17:26 GMT
Hello,

My customer (US Army) is in need of a distributed provisioning and
configuration management/monitoring solution for OSGi for various projects
(devices, service/applications, hybrid/EE applications, etc).  As I was just
about to email the felix users distro on a coherent provisioning and
configuration management solution (complete software lifecycle management),
I decided to check the apachecon talks coming up to see if there was
something along these lines.  Here I found the ACE incubator project.

While the project may not meet 100% of my requirements, I believe it is a
big boost to where I want to be.  Further, I have been granted permission to
contribute back to any Open Source project I am involved with (with any
license so long as the government contributions (stuff I do at work) is
Apache or GPL).

I noticed there is very little in jira for this project but some activity on
the mailing list.  I guess, simply put...where/how can I help?  I have the
trunk downloaded and will be going through it.  Perhaps I can start on
documentation as I learn about the system?

Thanks,

Steve