ace-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Brady <step...@bitlev.com>
Subject Re: Gateway error when updating
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 20:06:53 GMT
I've figured out an immediate fix and maybe revealed a bug (don't know
enough about ACE to call it a bug).  It seems it's failing at line 115 at
 org.apache.felix.deploymentadmin.abstractdeploymentpackage.getBundle
because it's not gracefully handling null symbolic names.  I've filtered out
the nulls, which at least allowed me to get ACE working.  I don't know
Felix-ACE internals well enough to understand whether this fix is
sustainable/reliable.  For example, not sure what happens if a given bundle
added to the repository has an improper manifest with no symbolic name.
 Perhaps someone can root cause what's going on here?  Does getBundle need
to handle these nulls more gracefully or should it not be getting any nulls
to begin with further upstream?

Angelo, to answer your questions.  What you see with the first six
deployments in that readout is just earlier attempts to push different
distributions.  When I would try and commit a new distribution, the Gateway
would fail to pull down the associated bundles (the stack trace I sent
earlier).  I would then "uncommit" that distribution, upping the version
number again, and the Gateway would then readout OK since no bundles needed
to be pulled down.