ace-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Siebert <smsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Archiva interest in ACE (or: cross-pollinate opportunity for maven repo OBR)?
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 09:11:11 GMT
Hi Premek,

After reading Marcel's response, moving that code out into its own bundle
was pretty much my first thought.  +1 =)

After diving into the code last night, I noticed the OBR stuff is
encapsulated quite well in the the modules OBR Metadata (where the indexer
is), OBR Store, and OBR Servlet.  If we would be able to pull this code out
and export the API for the store backend, I can create an adapter to deal
with the pluggable nature of Apache Jackrabbits FileStore.  Once we do
this...I think we'll be in business.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Steve

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 4:07 AM, Premek Brada <brada@kiv.zcu.cz> wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> On 4.11.2010 22:18, Marcel Offermans wrote:
>
>> Hello Steve,
>>
>> On 4 Nov 2010, at 17:08 , Steven Siebert wrote:
>>
>>  In previous discussions with Brett Porter (CC'ed) he I and I discussed
>>> working together on exposing the archiva jackrabbit-based maven repo
>>> through
>>> an OBR interface.  In what we discussed this afternoon, I think there
>>> could
>>> be an opportunity to cross-pollinate across the projects, just based on
>>> the
>>> commonality (without looking at the code yet).  I just spoke again to