ace-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Brady <step...@bitlev.com>
Subject Re: Gateway error when updating
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 22:29:03 GMT
Yes...and in this case, the manifest is the first file in the jar.

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.6.5
Created-By: 1.5.0_14-b03 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
Main-Class: org.restlet.Component
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-Name: Restlet API
Bundle-SymbolicName: org.restlet
Bundle-Version: 2.0.0.m7
Bundle-Vendor: Noelios Technologies
Export-Package: org.restlet; uses:="org.restlet.routing,  org.restlet.
 service,  org.restlet.data,  org.restlet.representation,  org.restlet
 .security,  org.restlet.util",org.restlet.data; uses:="org.restlet.re
 source,  org.restlet.representation,  org.restlet.util,  org.restlet,
   org.restlet.service,  org.restlet.security",org.restlet.engine; use
 s:="org.restlet.engine.log,  org.restlet,  org.restlet.engine.securit
 y,  org.restlet.util,  org.restlet.routing,  org.restlet.service,  or
 g.restlet.data,  org.restlet.engine.converter",org.restlet.engine.app
 lication; uses:="org.restlet.routing,  org.restlet.service,  org.rest
 let.data,  org.restlet.representation,  org.restlet.util,  org.restle
 t,  org.restlet.engine",org.restlet.engine.component; uses:="org.rest
 let.routing,  org.restlet.resource,  org.restlet.representation,  org
 .restlet,  org.restlet.engine",org.restlet.engine.converter; uses:="o
 rg.restlet.resource,  org.restlet.engine.resource,  org.restlet.repre
 sentation,  org.restlet.engine",org.restlet.engine.http; uses:="org.r
 estlet.representation,  org.restlet,  org.restlet.util,  org.restlet.
 engine.http.adapter,  org.restlet.engine,  org.restlet.data",org.rest
 let.engine.http.adapter; uses:="org.restlet.data,  org.restlet.engine
 .http,  org.restlet,  org.restlet.util",org.restlet.engine.http.conne
 ctor; uses:="org.restlet.representation,  org.restlet,  org.restlet.u
 til,  org.restlet.engine,  javax.net,  org.restlet.data",org.restlet.
 engine.http.header; uses:="org.restlet.data,  org.restlet.representat
 ion,  org.restlet,  org.restlet.util",org.restlet.engine.http.io;uses
 :="org.restlet.representation,org.restlet.util",org.restlet.engine.ht
 tp.security; uses:="org.restlet.data,  org.restlet.engine.http.header
 ,  org.restlet.engine.security,  org.restlet.util,  org.restlet",org.
 restlet.engine.internal;uses:="org.osgi.framework",org.restlet.engine
 .io;uses:="org.restlet.data,org.restlet.representation",org.restlet.e
 ngine.local; uses:="org.restlet.service,  org.restlet.data,  org.rest
 let.resource,  org.restlet.representation,  org.restlet,  org.restlet
 .engine",org.restlet.engine.log;uses:="org.restlet.routing,org.restle
 t.service,org.restlet",org.restlet.engine.resource;uses:="org.restlet
 .service,org.restlet.data,org.restlet.representation",org.restlet.eng
 ine.riap;uses:="org.restlet,org.restlet.engine",org.restlet.engine.se
 curity; uses:="org.restlet.data,  org.restlet.engine.http.header,  or
 g.restlet.security,  javax.net.ssl,  org.restlet.util,  org.restlet,
  org.restlet.engine",org.restlet.engine.util; uses:="org.restlet.repr
 esentation,  org.restlet,  org.restlet.util,  org.xml.sax,  org.restl
 et.service,  org.w3c.dom.ls,  org.restlet.data,  org.xml.sax.helpers"
 ,org.restlet.representation;uses:="org.restlet.data,org.restlet.util"
 ,org.restlet.resource; uses:="org.restlet.service,  org.restlet.data,
   org.restlet.representation,  org.restlet.util,  org.restlet",org.re
 stlet.routing; uses:="org.restlet.data,  org.restlet.resource,  org.r
 estlet.representation,  org.restlet.util,  org.restlet",org.restlet.s
 ecurity; uses:="org.restlet.routing,  org.restlet.data,  org.restlet.
 util,  org.restlet",org.restlet.service; uses:="org.restlet.routing,
  org.restlet.data,  org.restlet.resource,  org.restlet.representation
 ,  org.restlet",org.restlet.util; uses:="org.restlet.routing,  org.re
 stlet.data,  org.restlet.representation,  org.restlet"
Import-Package: javax.net,javax.net.ssl,javax.xml.parsers,org.osgi.fra
 mework
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: J2SE-1.5
Bundle-Activator: org.restlet.engine.internal.Activator
Class-Path:

Name: org.restlet
Implementation-Title: org.restlet
Implementation-Version: 2.0 Milestone 7 (build 0)
Implementation-Vendor: Noelios Technologies

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Angelo van der Sijpt <
angelo.vandersijpt@luminis.eu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Nov 8, 2010, at 9:57 PM, Stephen Brady wrote:
>
> > To clarify, the specific bundles that I've tested with all have proper
> > symbolic names in the manifest, and still getBundle is encountering null
> > symbolic names.  I only referenced the possibility of a given bundle not
> > having a bundle symbolic name as something potentially to catch before
> > getting to getBundle (if this is not already being done).
>
> Hm, that's interesting. Could you post the manifest of one of the offending
> bundles, given that you can pinpoint one?)
>

> > By uncommit, I meant that I take away the distribution that I committed
> in
> > the prior step.  In other words, I create a distro which generates
> version
> > 1.  I "save" it from the Web interface, which prompts the failed Gateway
> > deployment that I referenced.  I unlink that distro from the Gateway
> target
> > and save that one, which prompts a increment to the version counter to 2.
> > Version 2 properly "deploys" (even though it contains no bundles) on the
> > Gateway--no error on the Gateway side is flagged.  Hope that makes sense.
>
> Okay, just to be sure.
>
> Angelo
>

> > On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 12:49 PM, Karl Pauls <karlpauls@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> R3 doesn't require a symbolic-name. It was added in R4.
> >>
> >> regards,
> >>
> >> Karl

> >> property for R4 bundles, I'm not sure for R3. Was it your intention to
> >> deploy an R3 bundle?

> >> find
> >> symbolic name must be used to calculate the location of the bundle."
> >> with Deployment Admin in the Felix project?

> >> mean removing _all_ bundles from the gateway?

> >> at
> filtered
> >> out
> >> bundle