ace-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Archiva interest in ACE (or: cross-pollinate opportunity for maven repo OBR)?
Date Sat, 13 Nov 2010 08:01:11 GMT
On Thursday, November 4, 2010, Marcel Offermans
<marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:
> Hello Steve,
>
> On 4 Nov 2010, at 17:08 , Steven Siebert wrote:
>
>> In previous discussions with Brett Porter (CC'ed) he I and I discussed
>> working together on exposing the archiva jackrabbit-based maven repo through
>> an OBR interface.  In what we discussed this afternoon, I think there could
>> be an opportunity to cross-pollinate across the projects, just based on the
>> commonality (without looking at the code yet).  I just spoke again to Brett,
>> and before I forget, I figured I would send an email out on the subject. =)
>
> That definitely sounds interesting. The "OBR" that is included in ACE consists of a couple
of bundles. By default we include these as part of the ACE server. They can also be deployed
in a stand-alone OSGi framework. Option number three is not using them at all but instead
hooking up to an external repository that exposes the same OBR metadata.

> ACE actually contains code that scans a directory and (re)generates OBR metadata based
on its contents. Maybe that code could be used to do the same for the archiva jackrabbit-based
maven repository?

Actually, the Felix maven bundle plugin also has such code which is
reusing Felix bundlerepository library to create the fragments of XML
based on a given manifest object.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet