ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Working on the Vaadin UI...
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 13:59:50 GMT
Hello Steve,

On 9 Nov 2010, at 14:35 , Steven Siebert wrote:

> Great work Marcel, I look forward to taking a look at the comparison.

It should already be possible, but I'll give you a heads up when the code is more feature
complete. :)

> On a side note, can you comment on your experience with GWT/Vaadin?  After
> implementing Vaadin, are you happy with the results (in comparison to GWT)?

So far I am very happy. Developing a Vaadin application is easier than doing a GWT one if
you work with OSGi. Also, I think the actual website for Vaadin is very good documentation
and example wise. Building is quicker as no funky Java -> JavaScript conversion is necessary
and having a server side MVC model to work with is convenient.

The current code probably is not yet the best example as we're still learning and experimenting,
but it looks promising so far and I would definitely recommend others working with OSGi to
have a look at it.

Greetings, Marcel