ace-dev mailing list archives

From Premek Brada <br...@kiv.zcu.cz>
Subject Re: Archiva interest in ACE (or: cross-pollinate opportunity for maven repo OBR)?
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 14:10:56 GMT
On 5.11.2010 12:20, Steven Siebert wrote:
> Sounds right.  Was thinking about moving at the interfaces for the OBR
> Store and Metadata into its own bundle(s) to keep the API and existing
> implementation separate.  This may be overkill, though =)

Actually, things are not as clean. Looking at the OBR Metadata
activator, my student noted that it creates the "default" implementation
of the file-based indexer as a service, which then (inadvertedly) gets
inserted into any managed service depending on the MetadataGenerator.
So creating and providing a different indexer will be a bit difficult.

That could be a reason to splitting the two bundles into API and
implementation bundles. How would such a split fit within the overall
ACE design?

Premek

   <<  brada at kiv.zcu.cz | www.kiv.zcu.cz/~brada/ | +420-377-63-2435>>