ace-dev mailing list archives

From Premek Brada <br...@kiv.zcu.cz>
Subject Re: Archiva interest in ACE (or: cross-pollinate opportunity for maven repo OBR)?
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 10:54:40 GMT
Hi Steven,

On 5.11.2010 10:11, Steven Siebert wrote:
> Hi Premek,
>
> After reading Marcel's response, moving that code out into its own
> bundle was pretty much my first thought.  +1 =)

Nice to hear, thanks :)

> After diving into the code last night, I noticed the OBR stuff is
> encapsulated quite well in the the modules OBR Metadata (where the
> indexer is), OBR Store, and OBR Servlet.  If we would be able to pull
> this code out and export the API for the store backend, I can create
> an adapter to deal with the pluggable nature of Apache Jackrabbits
> FileStore.  Once we do this...I think we'll be in business.

The OBR storage module contains the OBR API (BundleStore iface) + its
file-based implementation, and the OBR metadata is able to generate OBR
repository index file for a given directory. It actually exposes the
indexer as a service. Is the BundleStore what you meant by the "store
backend API"?

So, if I understand it correctly, providing for another store would mean
creating its implementation (the adapter) of the BundleStore + another
indexer operating on top of that implementation, which the BundleStore
impl uses to generate the index file.

Actually, looking at it, it seems there should be no need to pull any
code out. We could just have two separate bundles with new code and
dependencies on the OBR Storage and OBR Metadata bundles, to access the
interfaces they define.

Not sure I haven't missed something. Does this look ok?

Premek

--
   <<  brada at kiv.zcu.cz | www.kiv.zcu.cz/~brada/ | +420-377-63-2435>>