ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: ACE getting started
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2010 18:21:14 GMT
Hello Bram,

On 21 Oct 2010, at 17:20 , Bram de Kruijff wrote:

> 5) Feature CRUD works (just: Error updating highlights:
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException)
> 6) Distribution CRUD works (just: Error updating highlights:
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException)

I have not yet been able to reproduce that here. Can you describe the steps you took?

> 7) Target shows up but remains IDLE
> 8) Dragging artifacts to features does not work? (chrome / FF)

That should work on Chrome. There seem to be issues with FF (does not work here either). On
Chrome, make sure you first click / select an item and then drag it.

> 9) Dragging features to distributions does not work? (chrome / FF)

See above.

> So basic question. Should this work

It should work, but I have already started work on a Vaadin based UI instead of this one.
That seems to have better drag & drop support and in general plays nicer with OSGi.

> or should I use legacy or is webui
> still unstable and can I use filebased?

Legacy is probably not better in the UI department, even a bit worse because it's not maintained
anymore.

File based really is only included as an example, it does not use most of the ACE backend.

Greetings, Marcel