ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Running Samples with the Maven Based Build
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 09:22:42 GMT
Hello Zoe,

The web UI uses a checkout/commit paradigm just like version control systems, so before you
start, you "checkout" the data on the server, then you make your changes, and finally you
"commit" them back to the server. Only then will they be deployed. We did it like this so
you can apply all your changes in one go, instead of running the risk that partial changes
get deployed while you're still making them.

When assigning bundles to targets (via features and distributions) these bundles do not physically
show up under the gateway on disk. The only thing that's done is that the metadata (the actual
assignments of bundles to targets) gets stored. Whenever a target (or rather, management agent
on the target) polls the server for an update, a deployment package (full or delta between
two versions) is generated on the fly, based on the metadata and the bundles in the OBR.

Greetings, Marcel

On 7 Oct 2010, at 11:08 , zoe slattery wrote:

> On 06/10/2010 21:41, Hiranya Jayathilaka wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 2:01 AM, Angelo van der Sijpt
>> <angelo.vandersijpt@luminis.eu>  wrote:
>>> Hm, yes, about the drag and drop... It's very well possible this does not work
on Firefox. Last time I checked, Safari and Chrome were both fine. This has something to do
with the dnd plugin we use.
>> I tried on FF3 and Chrome. No luck so far :(
> I got further with Chrome. Using Chrome I can:
>
> 1) Add artifacts
> 2) Add a feature and associate artifacts with it using drag and drop
> 3) Add a distribution and associate features with it
> 4) Drag and drop the distribution to the gateway....
>
> Then nothing. Listing the bundles in the gateway shows no servicebased* bundles. The
frequency of the "[Info ] [   ] Highest remote: null / Highest local: null" makes it very
difficult to do much with the gateway console :-/ I would also have expected that teh servicebased*
files would show up on disk under the gateway somewhere. They don't, but I may be misunderstanding
how this should work :-)

> Zoe
>> Thanks,
>> Hiranya