ace-dev mailing list archives

From Toni Menzel <t...@okidokiteam.com>
Subject Re: Moving the web UI to Vaadin...
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 09:38:58 GMT
Yes, i think for a rapidly developed but maintainable and complete
admin console - like what we need for ace server - Vaadin looks like a
valid option.
I would not concider vaadin for middle or large scale web-wide
deployments though. If Vaadin's radical "all server side - client =
stupid" approach applies to a usecase then its probably the ace server
admin ui.

I am a little concerned why there isn't a well spread OSGi Web Toolkit
yet. Just because this question pops up regularly and i haven't seen
an answer yet. Maybe something pops out while ace server ui is being
implemented with vaadin e.g.

@Chris,
vaadin-osgi looks like a start in the right direction. ;) Just its
hidden in vaadin extensions. Think you would not find it if you not
consider vaadin already ? If its decent, why not take it to a broader
audience ?

Toni

--
Toni Menzel || http://okidokiteam.com