ace-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running Samples with the Maven Based Build
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 17:31:09 GMT
Hi Toni,

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 1:46 PM, Toni Menzel <toni@okidokiteam.com> wrote:
> yes, as Marcel said, its for comparison only. In fact, i believe we
> just could delete it, and use a historic checkout for comparison
> instead. That would not confuse people just jumping in and wondering
> about the differences..
> @Hiranya: Do you have an issue with the maven build ?

The Maven build works just fine. No issues there. But I couldn't make
much progress with the Web UI. So I wanted to test the legacy version
and see if that works.

Thanks,
Hiranya

> If so, we would like to hear.
>
> Toni
>
> On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 7:52 AM, Marcel Offermans
> <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:
>> Hello Hiranya,
>>
>> We are right now not actively maintaining the legacy version. It's still there for
quick comparison with the new, Maven build. You are right that the easiest way to update dependencies
with the Ant build is to put them in the ext folder. My advice would be to stick with the
Maven build though.

>> Greetings, Marcel
>>

>> On 6 Oct 2010, at 5:41 , Hiranya Jayathilaka wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Marcel,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the information. I have made significant progress with your
>>> help. However I also tried to build the legacy module using Ant, but I
>>> got a whole bunch of compilation errors. It seems the Felix jars in
>>> legacy/core/ext are bit outdated. I had to make some changes to the
>>> code to get it compiled. Is this to be expected? In that case I can
>>> provide the changes I did as a patch. However I think it's probably
>>> easier to update the Felix jars in the ext directory.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Hiranya

the whole build to Maven now. To build the project, start here:

both on your local machine, and point your browser to http://localhost:8080/webui/ to get
started.