ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Moving the web UI to Vaadin...
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 10:05:39 GMT
Hello Chris,

On 13 Oct 2010, at 10:41 , Christopher Brind wrote:

> I've done a fair amount of work with Vaadin and OSGi and am working on a
> project for a customer with such.  It's not 100% perfect, but as long as
> you're not adding a lot of custom components you can build UIs quite rapidly
> and in a modular way.

Good to know. I think with the richness of the components that currently ship with Vaadin,
we should be fine. I remember us discussing (off-line) options to contribute custom components
and then basically "recompiling" a new component set on the fly. I guess we can still decide
to jointly work on that if the need arises.

> I've created an OSGi compatibility layer that lets you create Vaadin
> applications as DS components.  The official download is here:
> http://vaadin.com/directory#addon/vaadin-osgi

I'll definitely have a look at it, thanks for the pointer!

> ... but my github repository is more up to date:
> http://github.com/brindy/VaadinOSGi

Ok! :)

> Feel free to use it if you want, it's Apache licensed. :)

I'll definitely "borrow" some ideas and code from it! :)

Greetings, Marcel