ace-dev mailing list archives

From zoe slattery <zoe.slatt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running Samples with the Maven Based Build
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 12:15:59 GMT
  Hi Angelo
> Judging from the steps you described, it seems you missed the 'retrieve' and 'store'
steps, which I glossed over in the video. Perhaps http://incubator.apache.org/ace/getting-started-with-the-web-ui-based-server.html
is of more help.

Yes - that's exactly right. I ran through it again and can now replicate
what you did in the video. Thank you so much for your help.

Do you think it's worth updating the getting started instructions as
follows:

1) Remove this
http://incubator.apache.org/ace/getting-started-with-the-file-based-server.html
- unless there is a way to make it work?

2) Update the Web based instructions to:
  (a) specify Chrome or Safari, or at least provide a warning about FF.
  (b) point to the new location of the ace-server and ace-target
  (c) Add a link to your videos.
  (d) Add the explanation of what the web ui (see Marcel's note) is
doing under the "how does it work' section.

I'd be happy to provide some updated text - but possibly if you are in
the middle of refactoring the Web UI it's not worth changing the
instructions just yet. Wdyt?

> On Oct 7, 2010, at 11:08 AM, zoe slattery wrote:
>
>> On 06/10/2010 21:41, Hiranya Jayathilaka wrote:
work on Firefox. Last time I checked, Safari and Chrome were both fine. This has something
to do with the dnd plugin we use.
>>> I tried on FF3 and Chrome. No luck so far :(
>> I got further with Chrome. Using Chrome I can:
>>
>> 1) Add artifacts
>> 2) Add a feature and associate artifacts with it using drag and drop
>> 3) Add a distribution and associate features with it
>> 4) Drag and drop the distribution to the gateway....
>>
>> Then nothing. Listing the bundles in the gateway shows no servicebased* bundles.
The frequency of the "[Info ] [   ] Highest remote: null / Highest local: null" makes it very
difficult to do much with the gateway console :-/ I would also have expected that teh servicebased*
files would show up on disk under the gateway somewhere. They don't, but I may be misunderstanding
how this should work :-)

>> Zoe
>>> Thanks,
>>> Hiranya