ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Running Samples with the Maven Based Build
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 05:52:45 GMT
Hello Hiranya,

We are right now not actively maintaining the legacy version. It's still there for quick comparison
with the new, Maven build. You are right that the easiest way to update dependencies with
the Ant build is to put them in the ext folder. My advice would be to stick with the Maven
build though.

Greetings, Marcel

On 6 Oct 2010, at 5:41 , Hiranya Jayathilaka wrote:

> Hi Marcel,
>
> Thanks for the information. I have made significant progress with your
> help. However I also tried to build the legacy module using Ant, but I
> got a whole bunch of compilation errors. It seems the Felix jars in
> legacy/core/ext are bit outdated. I had to make some changes to the
> code to get it compiled. Is this to be expected? In that case I can
> provide the changes I did as a patch. However I think it's probably
> easier to update the Felix jars in the ext directory.
>
> Thanks,
> Hiranya
>
> On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 3:59 AM, Marcel Offermans
> <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:
>> Hello Hiranya,
>>
>> Yes, the documentation is still lagging behind a bit as we've basically switched
the whole build to Maven now. To build the project, start here:

your local machine, and point your browser to http://localhost:8080/webui/ to get started.