ace-dev mailing list archives

From Angelo van der Sijpt <angelo.vandersi...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: Running Samples with the Maven Based Build
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 09:20:33 GMT
Hi Zoe,

Judging from the steps you described, it seems you missed the 'retrieve' and 'store' steps,
which I glossed over in the video. Perhaps http://incubator.apache.org/ace/getting-started-with-the-web-ui-based-server.html
is of more help.

Angelo

On Oct 7, 2010, at 11:08 AM, zoe slattery wrote:

> On 06/10/2010 21:41, Hiranya Jayathilaka wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 2:01 AM, Angelo van der Sijpt
>> <angelo.vandersijpt@luminis.eu>  wrote:
>>> Hm, yes, about the drag and drop... It's very well possible this does not work
on Firefox. Last time I checked, Safari and Chrome were both fine. This has something to do
with the dnd plugin we use.
>> I tried on FF3 and Chrome. No luck so far :(
> I got further with Chrome. Using Chrome I can:
>
> 1) Add artifacts
> 2) Add a feature and associate artifacts with it using drag and drop
> 3) Add a distribution and associate features with it
> 4) Drag and drop the distribution to the gateway....
>
> Then nothing. Listing the bundles in the gateway shows no servicebased* bundles. The
frequency of the "[Info ] [   ] Highest remote: null / Highest local: null" makes it very
difficult to do much with the gateway console :-/ I would also have expected that teh servicebased*
files would show up on disk under the gateway somewhere. They don't, but I may be misunderstanding
how this should work :-)

> Zoe
>> Thanks,
>> Hiranya