ace-dev mailing list archives

From Premek Brada <br...@kiv.zcu.cz>
Subject Re: proposal: a versioning repository
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 13:30:43 GMT
  Hello Marcel,

back to these emails again:

On 17.9.2010 23:47, Marcel Offermans wrote:

>>> As you know, currently ACE supports a REST like interface for OBR,
>>> so it would be nice if we could integrate it at that level.
>>> Eventually we need to support adding bundles to the OBR from the web
>>> UI so integrating it there would also be nice.
>>
>> OK, that's a plan already; I would be interested in putting together
>> the signatures for the REST interface.

I suggest that we have a look at this in London, time permitting.

>> Any suggestions?  I haven't yet tried the web UI properly, will
>> explore that and try to come up with ideas.
>
> The web UI as it is right now consists of 4 columns (artifacts,
> features, distributions and targets). Dragging a local file into the
> artifact column could trigger an upload of that file to the OBR, and
> go through your versioning tooling.

That looks like a good idea, I have added it to the feature suggestions
to consider. However, we probably do not have enough people currently to
work on this; so I would concentrate on the REST interface for the time
being.

>>> From the service on this website, I would like to get a bit more
>>> feedback about the actual analysis. As a test I submitted different
>>> versions of the compendium bundle, and that went well (in essence,
>>> the tool concluded that the versions were correct).
>>
>> What kind of feedback would you like to get?
>
> I would like to see some kind of side by side comparison of the older
> and newer version and any changes that were made to the newer version:
<snip>

Sensible and interesting indeed, thanks for the idea. I am putting it to
the task list for the next version of the service.

Best ,
Premek

--
Premek Brada (Ing et MSc, PhD)
   Lecturer in Software enginering, Erasmus coordinator, Webmaster