ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Building and running...
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 08:35:01 GMT
Hello JB,

There is a profile for that, so I don't think that's the problem (step 2 only does the "assembly"
part, but still that's taking considerable time). The problem starts with the fact that I
need to do a "clean" deploy every time. That might well be related to how we subsequently
launch pax runner. In any case, ideally I would like to

1) build a bundle

2) update my deployment assembly, basically just copying that new bundle to the right location

3) either running an update of the bundle in the still running OSGi framework, or alternatively
have something like file installer pick it up

All of this should be finished in a couple of seconds (it's over 30 now).

Greetings, Marcel

On 5 Aug 2010, at 8:13 , Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:

> Hi Marcel,
>
> maybe the best way is to define a profile in ace-devserver pom to avoid to build a complete
distribution.

> I will try to take a look on it quickly.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 08/04/2010 10:17 PM, Marcel Offermans wrote:
>> I'm currently working on one of the bundles that runs on the server, and I'm struggling
a bit with the fastest way to build, deploy and run things.

>> Currently, inside the bundle I'm working on, I do a "mvn install" to rebuild the
bundle on changes.

>> Next step I go inside the ace-target-devserver folder and do an "mvn clean install"
there to create the target.

>> Finally I run the server again from within the target/ace-..-distribution/ace-devserver/
folder by typing sh run.sh there.

>> Especially the second step, which basically creates a completely new assembly every
time, takes way longer than I would like. Any suggestions on tricks to speedup this process?