ace-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Building and running...
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 06:13:02 GMT
Hi Marcel,

maybe the best way is to define a profile in ace-devserver pom to avoid
to build a complete distribution.

I will try to take a look on it quickly.

Regards
JB

On 08/04/2010 10:17 PM, Marcel Offermans wrote:
> I'm currently working on one of the bundles that runs on the server, and I'm struggling
a bit with the fastest way to build, deploy and run things.

> Currently, inside the bundle I'm working on, I do a "mvn install" to rebuild the bundle
on changes.

> Next step I go inside the ace-target-devserver folder and do an "mvn clean install" there
to create the target.

> Finally I run the server again from within the target/ace-..-distribution/ace-devserver/
folder by typing sh run.sh there.

> Especially the second step, which basically creates a completely new assembly every time,
takes way longer than I would like. Any suggestions on tricks to speedup this process?