ace-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Haney <txmikes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contributing code
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 20:44:59 GMT
Thanks for the info Marcel.  We use Eclipse 3.5.x (actually Springsource
Tool Suite, built on Eclipse) and use Maven for our builds.  I also do a lot
of SVN stuff at the commandline (usually admin-type stuff) and use Tortoise
SVN quite a bit for browsing and such.  We typically use Windows dev boxes
and Linux (Ubuntu) servers at work, and at home (where I do most of my work
actually) I alternate between Windows and Linux.  So between all that I
hopefully have the tools for the job.

I see there's a "Create Patch" menu item in Eclipse, but I've never used
it.  I'll create a dummy project and play around with that to get familiar
with it.  I'll also take a look at the Apache info to get familiar.  We've
used Apache and other open-source tools for years and benefitted greatly
from them.  It's exciting to have a chance to give something back.