ace-dev mailing list archives

From Toni Menzel <t...@okidokiteam.com>
Subject Re: Maven migration, almost there.
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 06:40:26 GMT
On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Marcel Offermans
<marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:
> Hello Dennis,
>
> On May 17, 2010, at 22:00 , Crissman, Dennis wrote:
>
>> I have been following the community for sometime, but this is my first
>> posting back.
>
> Good to hear from you!
>
>> I am attempting to stand up the server and gateway. Aside from the two felix
>> bundles mentioned below, I have run into some additional problems.
>
>> Before I get to that, when I first attempted to run both I got the following
>> error message:
>> =====
>> -> Felix 2.0.1 : connecting...
>> Oops, there has been a problem!
>> URL [mvn:org.apache.felix/org.apache.felix.main/2.0.1] could not be
>> resolved.
>> =====
>> To resolve I simply added the missing package to the maven repository. Not
>> sure if this is a dependency that was missed in the POM, but thought I might
>> mention it.
>
> Over the last few days I've seen similar messages being posted on the Felix mailing lists,
see http://markmail.org/message/nyfsumyqgvsktjax for the thread. I'm still not sure what exactly
is causing this. There have been some issues with the Felix download site, and with the OPS4J
site hosting the Pax Runner project. Let's see what comes out of this. It's definitely not
a problem on your end, I can reproduce the problem here.

The artifact of question is a regular felix artifact that should be
picked from central.. so nothing related to ops4j repositories.
But what is much worse: Looks like the main repo instance
(http://osgi.sonatype.org) has been expired (look at the upper right
corner).
You can see what pax runner tries to access when running the run.sh
script with --log=debug option.
Will contact the guys..

Toni

>> After that hurdle, I am now getting different error messages for each.
>>
>> Server:
>> org.ops4j.pax.runner.platform.PlatformException:
>> [file:/path/apache-ace/ace-devserver/ace-bundles/surefire-testng-2.5.jar] is
>> not a valid bundle
>
> Just committed a fix for that (rev 945358). I accidentally forgot to mark this bundle
as <scope>test</scope> so it ended up in the distribution.

--
Toni Menzel
Independent Software Developer