ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Maven migration, almost there.
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 20:42:23 GMT
Hello Dennis,

On May 17, 2010, at 22:00 , Crissman, Dennis wrote:

> I have been following the community for sometime, but this is my first
> posting back.

Good to hear from you!

> I am attempting to stand up the server and gateway. Aside from the two felix
> bundles mentioned below, I have run into some additional problems.

> Before I get to that, when I first attempted to run both I got the following
> error message:
> =====
> -> Felix 2.0.1 : connecting...
> Oops, there has been a problem!
> URL [mvn:org.apache.felix/org.apache.felix.main/2.0.1] could not be
> resolved.
> =====
> To resolve I simply added the missing package to the maven repository. Not
> sure if this is a dependency that was missed in the POM, but thought I might
> mention it.

Over the last few days I've seen similar messages being posted on the Felix mailing lists,
see http://markmail.org/message/nyfsumyqgvsktjax for the thread. I'm still not sure what exactly
is causing this. There have been some issues with the Felix download site, and with the OPS4J
site hosting the Pax Runner project. Let's see what comes out of this. It's definitely not
a problem on your end, I can reproduce the problem here.

> After that hurdle, I am now getting different error messages for each.
>
> Server:
> org.ops4j.pax.runner.platform.PlatformException:
> [file:/path/apache-ace/ace-devserver/ace-bundles/surefire-testng-2.5.jar] is
> not a valid bundle

Just committed a fix for that (rev 945358). I accidentally forgot to mark this bundle as <scope>test</scope>
so it ended up in the distribution.

> Gateway:
> Felix actually stands up, but a series of exceptions are thrown. I will
> attach them to keep this email short, but they all seem to revolve around
> junit.framework being unresolved.

Could be related to the problem above.

> Any assistance on these would be appreciated.

Hope this helps!

Greetings, Marcel