ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: ACE board report is due tomorrow
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 21:31:09 GMT
Since Confluence is still down, I decided to mail the first draft of the report to the list
so people can comment on it here:

Ace

Apache ACE is a software distribution framework that allows you to centrally manage and distribute
software components, configuration data and other artifacts to target systems. ACE started
incubation on April 24th 2009.

There are currently no issues requiring board or Incubator PMC attention.

Community

 * Karl Pauls and Marcel Offermans did a tutorial on, amongst other things, ACE at the EclipseCon/OSGi
DevCon in March.
 * Marcel Offermans presented ACE at the OSGi UK Users Forum end of January.

Software

 * Completed the migration of both the target and server nodes from Ant to Maven, we now have
a fully functional Maven build
 * Switched to the newly agreed terminology in the user interface (in the code, this still
needs to be done).
 * Started a discussion about migrating to a common scheduler API, possibly sharing it with
Sling and ServiceMix.
 * Toni Menzel did some work on setting up a CI build on Hudson, still a work in progress.
 * Implemented the option to statically or dynamically link bundles to features in the UI.

Licensing and other issues

 * None at the moment.

Things to resolve prior to graduation

 * Make a release
 * Grow the community some more

Signed off by mentor: ...

On Apr 13, 2010, at 10:52 , Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:

> Hi Bertrand,
>
> Thanks for the reminder. I'm going to deal with Marcel concerning the board report.
> We will keep you posted soon.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>> Hi,
>> See http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/January2010 for the last report,
>> could someone who's following the action closer than I am provide
>> current info?
>> The report is due tomorrow at http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/April2010
>> -Bertrand
>> On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 4:00 PM,  <no-reply@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Dear Ace Developers,
>>>
>>> This email was sent by an automated system on behalf of the Apache Incubator
PMC.
>>> It is an initial reminder to give you plenty of time to prepare your quarterly
>>> board report.
>>>
>>> The board meeting is scheduled for  Wed, 21 April 2010, 12 pm Pacific. The report
>>> for your podling will form a part of the Incubator PMC report. The Incubator
PMC