ace-dev mailing list archives

From Toni Menzel <t...@okidokiteam.com>
Subject Re: ace-target-devgateway up and running!
Date Sat, 06 Mar 2010 19:19:06 GMT
yep, can confirm that it works also with a custom target that previously
worked with the ant based build.
Going from that point, will start partitioning this endless list of
artifacts (see [1] )
into something similar to that [2].
We currently have:
[   1] [Active     ] [    5] Apache ACE - Configurator (0.8.0.SNAPSHOT)
[   2] [Active     ] [    5] Apache ACE - ConsoleLogger (0.8.0.SNAPSHOT)
[   3] [Active     ] [    5] Apache ACE - Deployment (0.8.0.SNAPSHOT)
[   4] [Active     ] [    5] Apache ACE - Deployment Task (0.8.0.SNAPSHOT)
[   5] [Active     ] [    5] Apache ACE - Discovery Property based
(0.8.0.SNAPSHOT)
[   6] [Active     ] [    5] Apache ACE - Gateway Log (0.8.0.SNAPSHOT)
[   7] [Active     ] [    5] Apache ACE - Gateway Log Store (0.8.0.SNAPSHOT)
[   8] [Active     ] [    5] Apache ACE - Identification API
(0.8.0.SNAPSHOT)
[   9] [Active     ] [    5] Apache ACE - Log (0.8.0.SNAPSHOT)
[  10] [Active     ] [    5] Apache ACE - Log Listener (0.8.0.SNAPSHOT)
[  11] [Active     ] [    5] Apache ACE - Scheduler (0.8.0.SNAPSHOT)

So, i think there will be a "gateway" group and one for server (=folder).
Next to that, i am thinking if its a good idea to make a fine granular split
like that:
+ log
+ identification
+ deployment
+ discovery
+ repository (contains also the obr bundles. but have to look closer into
the server artifacts)
+ ui (things like webconsole, the felixwebconsole plugin, shell commands and
so on)
+ spice or common (contains things that do not fit into one of the others
and are likely something like utility stuff --> e.g. log)

In the end i think the whole partitioning should satisfy the following needs
+ logical grouping. So if i am going to understand the ace repository
principles and implementation, i should find everything in "repository".
+ (if possible) just a minimum cross group dependencies. (for example,
identification builds completely, then discovery, then deployment -> layers)
+ ease the completion of all other artifacts that don't work (yet) -->
server and server-webui targets.

Not sure if this is enough to kick off a discussion here - at least it
should be possible to protect me from totally dumb decisions when doing
that.

Toni
[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ace/trunk
[2] http://github.com/okidokiteam/exxam