ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Maven migration, almost there.
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 23:18:29 GMT
Hey guys,

Over the last day or two I've been working hard on fixing all the small issues in the Maven
build. I've managed to fix most of them, all the bundles are working and with the help of
Toni I managed to get some Knopflerfish bundles into the assembly for the server.

There is one remaining issue, and I can't seem to make that work, even with the example that
Jean-Baptiste provided, and that is the WebUI bundle (ace-webui). This is a GWT based WAR
file that has been converted into a bundle (JAR) file, adding some specific OSGi metadata.
Please check the bundle you get when building legacy/core (in deploy/bundle) for reference.

I tried using the URL handler to dynamically wrap a WAR but that does not seem to get me a
fully working bundle in this case. It seems to work but interaction with the server is not
working, and the URL handler does not pick up on the Activator that is in there and that must
be invoked to hook the WAR up to the rest of the bundles.

Anyway, this seems to be a pretty advanced use case for Maven, and I can definitely use some
help from some of the Maven experts in the project. We're almost there! :)

Greetings, Marcel