ace-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Topping <topp...@codehaus.org>
Subject Re: ace-target-devgateway up and running!
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 18:53:02 GMT
Hi Marcel,

That should be fixed if you do a 'mvn install' from the top level directory.  The issue is
likely to be that the artifacts are not accessible because they are not in your local repository
yet and Maven reactor wasn't used to install them.  This can sometimes happen if you change
the top level version but don't do a build from the top before diving into a subproject to
do a build.

The lack of version indicates that the version is inherited.  If you still have problems,
try using <version>${project.version}</version>, but it shouldn't be necessary.

HTH, B

On Jan 31, 2010, at 3:23 AM, Marcel Offermans wrote:

> Hello JB,
>
> Thanks for confirming! I've started working on the server. As a first step I added all
the dependencies to the pom.xml in ace-target-devserver. I did not commit yet, because I'm
getting some validation messages:

> Project ID: org.apache.ace:ace-target-devserver
> POM Location: /Users/marcel/dev/ace/ace-target-devserver/pom.xml
> Validation Messages:
>
>    [0]  'dependencies.dependency.version' is missing for org.apache.felix:org.apache.felix.main:jar
>    [1]  'dependencies.dependency.version' is missing for org.apache.felix:org.apache.felix.prefs:jar
>    [2]  'dependencies.dependency.version' is missing for org.apache.felix:org.apache.felix.shell:jar
>    [3]  'dependencies.dependency.version' is missing for org.apache.felix:org.apache.felix.shell.tui:jar
>    [4]  'dependencies.dependency.version' is missing for org.knopflerfish:bundle-useradmin:jar
>    [5]  'dependencies.dependency.version' is missing for org.knopflerfish:log:jar
>    [6]  'dependencies.dependency.version' is missing for org.ops4j:pax-web-extender-war:jar
>    [7]  'dependencies.dependency.version' is missing for org.ops4j:pax-web-service:jar
>

> Reason: Failed to validate POM for project org.apache.ace:ace-target-devserver at /Users/marcel/dev/ace/ace-target-devserver/pom.xml
>
> Looking at for example the first message, the code I have in the pom is:
>
>        <dependency>
>            <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
>            <artifactId>org.apache.felix.main</artifactId>
>            <scope>provided</scope>
>        </dependency>
>
> Does maven mean it's missing a <version> tag here? If so, why is it only complaining
about that for some dependencies (most of them don't contain one, which is also the case for
he now working devgateway target).

> Greetings, Marcel
>

> On Jan 31, 2010, at 8:21 , Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>
>> Hi Marcel,
>>
>> after a missing dependency issue (I added a maven repo to avoid this), I made the
same as you mention and it works fine.

>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> Marcel Offermans wrote:
>>> After all the work that has already been done on the Mavenization, I took some
time to get the ace-target-devgateway up and running. In the end, two minor fixes to the Bnd
files were all it took.
>>> I'm running this target against the dev-server-webui as created by the Ant build.
>>> To do this yourself, in a shell (with a full checkout of the sources):
>>> ant release (which basically runs the full ant build with all testing and packaging)
>>> cd deploy/target/dev-server-webui
>>> sh run.sh (now the server should be up and running, browse to http://localhost:8080/webui/
to validate)
>>> In a second shell (from the base checkout dir) as also explained at http://incubator.apache.org/ace/maven-build.html:
>>> mvn clean install
>>> mvn clean install -Ptargets
>>> cd ace-target-devgateway/target/ace-target-devgateway-0.8.0-SNAPSHOT-distribution/ace-gateway/
>>> sh run.sh
>>> Now in the web UI you should see the gateway showing up in the last column.
>>> I would appreciate it if anybody could confirm they get this far. Next up will
be a bigger task, getting all server side bundles working.