ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: osgi uk users forum
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 22:11:36 GMT
Hello Chris,

The current ACE client is a bit "thicker" than just a UI talking over REST to a backend. Actually,
it was designed to be able to work off-line, so it contains some OSGi bundles that contain
that client side logic. The current web application runs those client bundles on the server
side, which is possible because each of those bundles acts like a service factory, producing
one service instance per browser session (whose life cycle is actually directly dictated by
the HttpSession they belong to).

Moving that to Pivot would allow us to deploy the client side bundles on the client again,
that's why I asked about using Pivot with OSGi. Sounds like it would not be too difficult
to do. The remoting we use is actually already REST based, and included in the client bundles.

Greetings, Marcel