ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: osgi uk users forum
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 19:41:08 GMT
Hello Chris,

On Jan 20, 2010, at 16:38 , Christopher Brind wrote:

> Just wanted to say hi.  I was at the OSGi UK Users' Forum meet up last night
> (I"m the secretary of the group) and really enjoyed the Apache ACE
> presentation that Marcel was kind enough to give us.

Thanks for having me, it was great to meet with some of the UK's most experienced OSGi developers!

> (Thanks again for travelling over from the Netherlands.  Hope you got back
> OK. :)

Yes, thanks!

> That's it really ... hope to be able to contribute in some way eventually as
> well (I'm already an Apache committer on the Pivot project).

We can always use help! For my information, how can Pivot work with OSGi? From an ACE point
of view, the web based client is fairly well separated from the underlying client-side logic.
In fact, in the past we had a Swing client built on top of it. Building a user interface with
Pivot and hook that up should not be too hard.

Not that I'm suggestion that we should move that way, it's more that I'm curious how that
could work.

Greetings, Marcel