ace-dev mailing list archives

From "John E. Conlon" <jcon...@verticon.com>
Subject Re: Getting Started problems with Ace WebUI
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2010 20:46:18 GMT
Hi Angelo,

Angelo van der Sijpt wrote:
> Hm, this could be something with the web ui. Could you try some other
> browser?

Yes.

Tried IE 7.0 from a windows xp, but could never see any labels for
artifacts, features, or targets.  Ouch.

So I installed another firefox on that windows box, and I could see the
labels for the elements but like my Firefox on the Ubuntu machine I
could not associate lower level elements to parents.  ???

Perhaps my server is hosed? What is the best way to clean my webui
bundle to start the server fresh?

I only guessing what the Retrieve Store and Revert buttons mean,  not so
sure about the Target Static/Dynamic label. My target is the example one
and it displays as 'configuredGatewayID - IDLE'.

> Autoconf files (or any other artifact that is not a bundle) are not yet
> supported.
> That is, the client (the bundles that know how to communicate with the
> server) supports this, but the web ui does not show these features yet.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACE-53 has already been created for
> this.

Looked at ACE-53 and saw your comment on AutoConf.
If I use the filebased server and add to my target the
org.apache.felix.deployment.rp.autoconf-0.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar do you think
I can drop in an autoconf.xml file in my folder and it will deploy to
the target??

thanks, John