ace-dev mailing list archives

From "John E. Conlon" <jcon...@verticon.com>
Subject Getting Started problems with Ace WebUI
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2010 17:42:43 GMT
Hi Ace Team,

I'm a new user trying to come up to speed on ACE and OSGi's Deployment
Admin and have a few new user questions regarding the getting started on
the web ui and Ace/DeployAdmin.

Test drive File based - ok
Was able to startup the file based server (target/dev-server-filebased)
and the 'target'  (deploy/target/dev-gateway) and see bundle resources
installed, updated, and deleted as artifacts on the target.  Cool stuff.

Test drive WebUI - problems
Had problems when I tested out the target/dev-server-webui though.
While I could add an artifact, feature, and distribution and I could see
my target, I could not associate artifacts with features, nor features
with distributions, nor distributions with my target.  Dragging one to
the other does not seem to work on my Ubuntu Firefox 3.5.7 browser.  Any
tips on how I can get this working?

Ace and Deployment Admin
Besides bundle resources (aka artifacts) how can I deploy autoconf
processed resources or more generic processed resources and customizer
bundles?

thanks for any help,
John