ace-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofre ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: ACE-62 analysis
Date Fri, 01 Jan 2010 16:29:42 GMT
Hi Toni,

It looks interesting.

In AutoDeploy, I use some kind of similar behavior:
1/ for "binary" artifacts (such as jar, war, ear, etc), to define if an
update deployment should be performed or not, I compare the artifact VFS
location with the one in the AutoDeploy agent cache. This comparison is
based on the MD5 sum.
2/ for text file (XML, properties, flat file) such as configuration
file, as I manage the search/replace of token in this kind of files,
first, I make the search/replace in the cache and I compare this cache
with the target URI location. The comparison is content base (like a
String.equals()), it uses IOUtils contentCompare method.

As this behavior is embedded in the AutoDeploy Core API, it will be
included in the ACE AD File Bundle (currently in development).

Regards
JB

Toni Menzel wrote:
> Happy New Year everyone !!
>
> As suggested by marcel, some kind of reporting would be nice for our ANT to MAVEN convert
task to ensure bundles are "about the same".

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
---------------------------------
  HomePage