ace-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Brind <christopher.br...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: osgi uk users forum
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 20:07:21 GMT
Well Pivot can run in a web browser via it's Java Applet wrapper or on the
desktop (launchable via JNLP for instance), or both if you really fancied!
 In both cases it requires Java 6.

One deployment scenario is to develop the application and simply wrap it all
up in a bundle, then register those resources with the HttpService.  Pivot
has an API for performing REST operations against the server, but at the end
of the day "it's just Java"™ ;-)  so you could do any style of remoting you
wish.

CC'd user@pivot.apache.org for interest/discussion.

Cheers,
Chris