ace-dev mailing list archives

From Toni Menzel <t...@okidokiteam.com>
Subject Re: Doc for ACE-62
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 14:26:08 GMT
On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Marcel Offermans <
marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:

> Hey Toni,
>
> On Dec 14, 2009, at 14:47 , Toni Menzel wrote:
>
> > Hi Guys,
> > i've just started a doc page at
> > http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACE/Maven+Build
> > so we can keep track of details, share a common understanding and so on..
> > Feel free to edit/comment etc.
>
> Great work on that page!
>
> > This also contains a simple "whats the status of bundle X" kind of table
> > (for each bundle).
>
> I was wondering if there is some kind of "bundle diff tool" that can show
> us how we're doing (comparing Ant and Maven builds). Does anybody know of
> such a tool?

Well, i was wondering writing such a tool. Then comparism should be
graceful, so that it "highlights" the important spots and does not goes mad
in bit level.
Think it could make sense, if there's nothing out there yet.

> > I guess (at least integrationtest tells me) that bundles involved in
> > dev-gateway deployment is close to finalization.
> > Will now look in how to make the list runnable instantly (like we had
> before
> > in the core/deployment/target/dev-gateway folder).
> > Originally i had the impression we can go with
> > pax-run.sh
> >
> "scan-pom:jar:mvn:org.apache.ace/ace-target-devgateway/0.8.0-SNAPSHOT!/epom.xml"
> > but the "!" is even with escaping not the way to go.
> >
> > Now am thinking of deploying the bundles directly as before using the
> normal
> > assembly plugin and start everything from "pax-run.sh
> scan-dir:/myfolder".
>
> I see value in having a directory that we can easily zip and distribute:
> unpack and run (even without access to the internet). At the same time, if
> we can provide some kind of runnable profile as part of Pax Runner, that
> would be very convenient too, and launch it with something like:
>
> pax-run.sh gateway-ID http://ace-host-address/
>
> At least, the current management agent by default needs these two
> parameters, its own ID and the address of the ACE server to connect to,
> other "identification" and "discovery" services might automate this.

Yep, a configurator that allows those params from, say eviironment, the we
are quite close..
(pax-run.sh --profiles=org.apache.ace.gateway --args="-Dace.gateway.id=foo
-Dace.gateway.server.url=http://foo.com/server")
would that be something that ok ?

--
Toni Menzel