ace-dev mailing list archives

From Toni Menzel <t...@okidokiteam.com>
Subject Re: Status Mavenization of ACE
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 18:57:47 GMT
No worries, man.
You can feel lucky, cause it was a more messy work organizing the mass of
resources into single artifacts than anything else.
;)

Now, i you could check things out and try to make a dev-server  or
dev-gateway target (use pax runner to easily grab the maven artifacts using
 the mvn:<groupId>:<artifactId>:<version>).
Not sure, are you aware of Pax Runner ?

When trying, you will see really fast that things don't work out because the
bundles are (mostly) default bnd settings.
You should compare the contents+manifest of the maven build artifacts and
the ones from core/deploy/bundles (built by ant).
Then, i think its enough for most of the cases to tweak the osgi.bnd file
(bnd files, used by maven-bundle-plugin) in the right direction to get the
desired shape.
Changing Export-Package, Private-Package and and adding Embed-Dependency
where appropriate.
(we call the ANT build the reference)

So, i think you just start over when you have some time and look at those
things and don't hesitate to commit the changes.

If you want, we can skype/gmailchat tomorrow ?
My skype is tonitcom, gmail is tonit.com@gmail.com

have fun,
Toni

--