ace-dev mailing list archives

From Toni Menzel <t...@okidokiteam.com>
Subject Status Mavenization of ACE
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 18:17:26 GMT
Hi guys,

at [1] we now have not less than 50 maven artifacts, made of what i found in
build.xml (project-bundle calls).
All bundles are pre-configured with the standard maven-bundle-plugin (2.0)
behavior.

Exceptions are:
- multigatewaybootstrap
- Webstart Management Agent
Both are pretty much distributions and should be not ported 1:1 but using
the maven way (assembly plugin for example). Saved that for later, once
things work.
- webui
Done as ACE-69.

Having that said, they are not identical to the bundles produced by the ant
build yet.
This is going to be the next step (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACE-62 for a complete list)

As a third step, the webui is going to be ported using the maven-gwt-plugin.
I found that an extra library is required (dnd-gwt). Unfortunately the
author has not been pushed it to a maven repo. Have already contacted the
author about it.
As last resort we always can push it ourselves to any repo.

Just you know the state of affairs. At this stage, work could be split up
pretty nicely. So if one wants to step up ?

cheers,
Toni

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ace/trunk