ace-dev mailing list archives

From Toni Menzel <t...@okidokiteam.com>
Subject Re: [Announce] New committer: Toni Menzel
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 23:51:10 GMT
Thanks all for the warm welcome ;)
@Angelo: i think you know what you are talking about. Feels a bit strange
walking through your own patches in order to integrate them.

Now to my favorite topic: me. ;)
27years old, living and working in Hannover, Germany as a freelance
consultant in the Java/OSGi space.
Lived my OSS life so far in the OPS4J community (so with Apache it's like
joining the devil..;)
Mostly - any tribute to Alin Dreghiciu here - spent time and effort on Pax
projects that should be pretty well known in the OSGi world.

As of Apache ACE, i think it can become the solution to true OSGi
provisioning.
Practically i see short term work in integrating it into the Pax Exam test
container scenario, where you can "deploy" your tests to the cloud and
gather results. All using ACE as infrastructure. And Pax Exam in the ACE
Client role.

Anyhow, there's a lot more, hope we discuss and see some of those in the
future on this list.

Have fun.
Toni

--