ace-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Topping <topp...@codehaus.org>
Subject Mavenization of o.a.a.util package
Date Sat, 12 Dec 2009 17:23:55 GMT
Hi guys,

As I get into the tree, I notice that the util project contents (all
two files) are duplicated into every jar.  I can assume there's a good
reason that might have been desirable, but there's some havoc with
Maven to do so.

As I look through the dependencies on these two files, there are
really only calls to o.a.a.util.Codec from the ace-log project and
calls to o.a.a.util.VersionRange from the ace-client-repository-helper-
bundle project.

Any reasons I'm not fully understanding to not move these to those
respective projects and doing away with the util project until we have
a stronger need for something like it in the future?

Cheers, Brian

p.s.  Sorry if this detail granularity is too small... just don't want
to make any stupid assumptions as I get started.