ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Deployment / CI builds
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 22:27:15 GMT
Does this require us to switch to Hudson or will this work with the Bamboo server that Atlassian
provides to several Apache projects? Just asking, either build server will probably work just
fine. :)

On Dec 14, 2009, at 17:41 , Brian Topping wrote:

> Actually, I believe https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1918 may be more accurate
for what we need... which means we don't need a vote.  Just have to get the build working
with Hudson and we may be on our way.

> On Dec 14, 2009, at 11:28 AM, Marcel Offermans wrote:
>
>> Hello Brian,
>>
>> On Dec 14, 2009, at 16:52 , Brian Topping wrote:
>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1896 discusses what is required to
get on the Nexus managed repository for staging.  As in incubating project, we are not allowed
to "promote" our artifacts, so I believe we are interested in "staging without promotion".
 Apache Shiro is also in incubation and appears to be doing the same thing, and this deprecates
people.apache.org's repository.

>>> Brian Fox has asked projects to hold a vote that he can reference for inclusion,
so I'd like to start that in this thread.

>>> My vote is +1 for inclusion of Ace snapshot artifacts without promotion in the
Apache Nexus repository.

>> For clarity, we should probably start a separate thread to vote on this?!?
>>
>> One question, how exactly does this snapshot publication work? I've read the INFRA-1896
issue and browsed through the Nexus Book. Is it possible to automatically deploy snapshots
from our Bamboo build server (for which we do not have shell access so we might have issues
there supplying credentials)? Ideally, if we publish snapshots, I'd like to automate that
as much as possible, so I'm wondering what our options are here?