ace-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Topping <topp...@codehaus.org>
Subject Re: Status Mavenization of ACE
Date Sat, 12 Dec 2009 16:35:50 GMT
Ok, I'm finally in.  My desktop machine was down all week due to the
inclusion of a RAID card and an attempt at converting the boot drive
to a RAID 0 backed by solid state disks.  I had to abort, a certain
vendor of SSDs (who will remain nameless for the time being) isn't
spec compliant to SATA.  It was kind of a major timesink!

I was surprised to find that the build actually builds.  Nice work!

My plan is to just start at the bottom of the dependency tree and work
upwards with cleaning up the bundle plugin calls.  That will renew my
experience there and get some of that work out of the way.

As a pattern, I see that you've put an osgi.bnd in every build.  My
past experience was to avoid this file and have the bundle plugin work
from scratch.  It can be more work that way, but I liked that the
manifest instructions were completely contained in the POM.  Any
thoughts there?

Cheers, Brian