ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Doc for ACE-62
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 14:37:01 GMT
Hey Toni,

On Dec 14, 2009, at 14:47 , Toni Menzel wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> i've just started a doc page at
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACE/Maven+Build
> so we can keep track of details, share a common understanding and so on..
> Feel free to edit/comment etc.

Great work on that page!

> This also contains a simple "whats the status of bundle X" kind of table
> (for each bundle).

I was wondering if there is some kind of "bundle diff tool" that can show us how we're doing
(comparing Ant and Maven builds). Does anybody know of such a tool?

> I guess (at least integrationtest tells me) that bundles involved in
> dev-gateway deployment is close to finalization.
> Will now look in how to make the list runnable instantly (like we had before
> in the core/deployment/target/dev-gateway folder).
> Originally i had the impression we can go with
> pax-run.sh
> "scan-pom:jar:mvn:org.apache.ace/ace-target-devgateway/0.8.0-SNAPSHOT!/epom.xml"
> but the "!" is even with escaping not the way to go.
>
> Now am thinking of deploying the bundles directly as before using the normal
> assembly plugin and start everything from "pax-run.sh scan-dir:/myfolder".

I see value in having a directory that we can easily zip and distribute: unpack and run (even
without access to the internet). At the same time, if we can provide some kind of runnable
profile as part of Pax Runner, that would be very convenient too, and launch it with something
like:

pax-run.sh gateway-ID http://ace-host-address/

At least, the current management agent by default needs these two parameters, its own ID and
the address of the ACE server to connect to, other "identification" and "discovery" services
might automate this.

Greetings, Marcel