ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Mavenization
Date Sun, 06 Dec 2009 19:39:42 GMT
On Dec 6, 2009, at 19:59 , Toni Menzel wrote:

> Because
> - Brian, Jean-Babtiste, and me are now full committers
> - Changes on github fork are small, i would go for keeping the mavenization
> work at the apache repo and commit stuff right away in either:
> a.) a branch svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ace/[ant2maven]
> b.) directly in trunk, but keeping the current structure alive in parallel.
> (doable because changes are either new (poms, folders) or copies
> (resources/sources).
> c.) history is preserved and no git/svn bridging work is required when
> merging back.
>
> whats the way to go for ? Would then try to keep this in sync (for everyone
> to collaborate) and done as soon as possible.

Whatever variation we choose, I think it would be good if we can quickly compare the Ant and
Maven builds until we're sure that everything works.

I think we can create a new folder in trunk (option b) and start copying things over.

Also, no doubt we'll run into issues when doing the conversion, so I've added a "Maven Build"
component to JIRA, so we can easily keep track of them.

Greetings, Marcel