ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Deployment / CI builds
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 16:28:04 GMT
Hello Brian,

On Dec 14, 2009, at 16:52 , Brian Topping wrote:

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1896 discusses what is required to get on
the Nexus managed repository for staging.  As in incubating project, we are not allowed to
"promote" our artifacts, so I believe we are interested in "staging without promotion".  Apache
Shiro is also in incubation and appears to be doing the same thing, and this deprecates people.apache.org's
repository.

> Brian Fox has asked projects to hold a vote that he can reference for inclusion, so I'd
like to start that in this thread.

> My vote is +1 for inclusion of Ace snapshot artifacts without promotion in the Apache
Nexus repository.

For clarity, we should probably start a separate thread to vote on this?!?

One question, how exactly does this snapshot publication work? I've read the INFRA-1896 issue
and browsed through the Nexus Book. Is it possible to automatically deploy snapshots from
our Bamboo build server (for which we do not have shell access so we might have issues there
supplying credentials)? Ideally, if we publish snapshots, I'd like to automate that as much
as possible, so I'm wondering what our options are here?

Greetings, Marcel