ace-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Mavenization
Date Sun, 06 Dec 2009 20:12:30 GMT
Thanks Marcel,

I have a question concerning continuous integration.

I propose to create a continuous integration chain. At Apache we can use
Continuum (that I currently use for AutoDeploy
http://continuum.nanthrax.net) or Hudson (that we use on ServiceMix).

What do you think ?

Regards
JB

Marcel Offermans wrote:
> On Dec 6, 2009, at 19:59 , Toni Menzel wrote:
>
>> Because
>> - Brian, Jean-Babtiste, and me are now full committers
>> - Changes on github fork are small, i would go for keeping the mavenization
>> work at the apache repo and commit stuff right away in either:
>> a.) a branch svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ace/[ant2maven]
>> b.) directly in trunk, but keeping the current structure alive in parallel.
>> (doable because changes are either new (poms, folders) or copies
>> (resources/sources).
>> c.) history is preserved and no git/svn bridging work is required when
>> merging back.
>>
>> whats the way to go for ? Would then try to keep this in sync (for everyone
>> to collaborate) and done as soon as possible.
>
> Whatever variation we choose, I think it would be good if we can quickly compare the
Ant and Maven builds until we're sure that everything works.

> I think we can create a new folder in trunk (option b) and start copying things over.
>
> Also, no doubt we'll run into issues when doing the conversion, so I've added a "Maven
Build" component to JIRA, so we can easily keep track of them.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré (Nanthrax)
BuildProcess/AutoDeploy Project Leader