ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Maven Ace
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 19:40:45 GMT
I'll have a look at the work in progress asap!

On Nov 25, 2009, at 19:50 , Toni Menzel wrote:

> Why 0.8.0-SNASPHOT ? Ok, ace is not entirely new (many commerical
> deployments) + seeks a 1.0 with graduation (marcel, just thinking out of
> thin air to kickstart discussion). It does not really matter anyhow. Just to
> have something.

As far as I know there are no real guidelines about versioning while in the incubator, but
I would definitely want to start with a 1.0.0 release.

> @Marcel: Are we going into trouble when working on this outside of apache
> first and contribute the whole thing (if apropriate and workable) ?
> Talking about IP Clearance and stuff.

If we do develop things outside of Apache and then donate it, it needs to go through IP clearance.

Greetings, Marcel