ace-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean-Baptiste Onofré" ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Terminology
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:27:32 GMT

JB
------Original Message------
From: Carsten Ziegeler
To: ace-dev@incubator.apache.org
ReplyTo: ace-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Terminology
Sent: Nov 12, 2009 15:50

Marcel Offermans wrote
> Apart from confusing some users, I also discovered that not everybody
> uses the same terms. However, I am sure we can reach some kind of
> consensus on this list!
Yepp, I guess this will be interesting discussion as we might get
different suggestions for the same thing :) But I guess we can manage that.

My first suggestions would be:

- Artifacts
(Bundles would be wrong and components could be confusing as these are
not components in the oo sense)
- Features (for Groups)
- License is the tough one. Maybe its something like "product"? Or
"distribution"?

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler