ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Interest on Apache ACE and possible relationship with AutoDeploy/Kalumet
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 22:44:27 GMT
Hello Jean-Baptiste,

On Oct 26, 2009, at 14:47 , Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:

> I'm interesting to contribute to the Apache Ace project.
>
> Reading the ACE incubation page:
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/ace
>
> and browsed Ace Jira to pick up some task and provide some patches.
>
> On the other hand, I'm working on AutoDeploy (http://buildprocess.sourceforge.net
> ) to provide a complete JEE deployment tool. I submitted an Apache
> incubator proposal:
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/KalumetProposal
>
> I began to upgrade the AutoDeploy trunk to use OSGi programming
> model using Felix Karaf (as I'm ServiceMix contributor, it's
> normal :)).
>
> I think that we can found some relationship between Ace and
> AutoDeploy. Maybe AutoDeploy can be part or subproject of Ace ?
>
> What do you think ?
>
> If you have any question about AutoDeploy/WebAutoDeploy, feel free
> to ask.

First of all, thanks for your interest in Apache Ace.

Since you've already looked at it, do you have a proposal on how
AutoDeploy/Kalumet could be integrated with Ace? Looking at the links
you provided, I can definitely see some high level components that are
similar. In particular, we both have a "management agent" that locally
deploys components.

On a related note, will you be at ApacheCon US next week? If so, it
would be great to meet up and have a face to face meeting.

Greetings, Marcel