ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: August report of Ace ?
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 20:30:47 GMT
On Aug 12, 2009, at 21:39 , Toni Menzel wrote:

> Where is the board report for ace this month ? Cause i was cut off
> past weeks myself i am this time also interested into contents ;)

After initially having to report monthly (for the first 3 months) we
are now on a quarterly schedule. You can find it here:
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ReportingSchedule

But even though we don't have to report formally, I can give you an
update about what has been happening recently.

First of all, we have a new committer, Angelo, who is still on holiday
as we speak so when he comes back we can probably expect his first
commit (given the amount of patches he's contributed my guess is that
won't take long).

Furthermore, work has been done on a GWT based web UI for ACE. For
people interested in trying it out, the description on the site at http://incubator.apache.org/ace/getting-started-with-the-web-ui-based-server.html

  should be enough to get you started. After an initial attempt to
embed Felix in Felix for each client session, a model was chosen where
client services are registered with a "service.sid", a service session
ID. A listener in web.xml makes sure we get notified whenever a
session expires so client session services can be cleaned up. UI wise
it's still fairly basic, you can add bundles that were already in the
OBR, a file upload still needs to be added. However, the current
system does allow you to try everything out and deploy bundles to
targets (the system comes preconfigured with a couple of examples from
Felix).

Still tons of stuff to do, but at least we have something working now,
besides the very first setup that is working for a while longer now
and is described here: http://incubator.apache.org/ace/getting-started-with-the-file-based-server.html

I'm sure I've missed some details, but this should give everybody a
feel of what we've been up to. :)

Greetings, Marcel