ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Active Targets
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 11:45:50 GMT
On Aug 11, 2009, at 2:51 , Toni Menzel wrote:

> G'morning,

How's the jet lag? ;)

> As of [1] i would like to know which targets are considered as
> "active" currently ? This can probably only be answered by someone
> knowing the backround of them since LiQ.

Well, with the migration to ACE we are "fixing" the targets step by
step. Currently, we have the following targets working:
  - dev-server-filebased
  - dev-gateway
  - dev-server-webui

Usage of these targets is further explained on the website at:
  - http://incubator.apache.org/ace/getting-started-with-the-file-based-server.html
  - http://incubator.apache.org/ace/getting-started-with-the-web-ui-based-server.html

The rest of the targets need work. Ideally, I would like to have more
"getting started" guides for other deployment topologies and scenarios
so people know how to work with the targets.

> Those are the ones who will get Pax Runner based configuration in
> ACE-32. Others should be dropped.

Ack, I'm not sure if we should actively drop them now or simply ignore
them. Open to suggestions there.

> Also i would then apply patches to all those targets and suggest that,
> if we take them, do not keep felix-only configurations (as of now)
> anymore. (duplicate content, just bad).

I agree that when we have the new system in place, we should remove
the old configurations. Even Felix is moving towards a new launcher
that allows you to simply deploy every bundle in a certain folder.

> [1]= http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACE-32?focusedCommentId=12731445&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#action_12731445

Greetings, Marcel